Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is what lucky looks like

Friday while placing steel roof deck on a 3 story office bldg , my safety retractable became detached causing my retractable (approx 1.5 feet diameter and 35 lbs) to drop 10-15 feet and engaging which pulled my harness and me towards the ground/floor below approx 23 feet , automatically before I realized it even my hands grabbed on to the deck sheet to my left and the beam to my right and my left foot caught bottom flange of beam , ,left hand was cut on sheet and couldn't pull my self up yelled for Brother Ironworkers to pull me up . Foreman Bob Van Grinsven pulled me up with Thadaeus Payne. and Bob took me to hospital.. Yest this is called lucky. 72 stitches.


Be safe

BE WELL










2 comments:

Mike said...

HOLY COW! Glad you are ok buddy! I hope you have a little time to relax after that. Keep me posted on your recovery.

GRIESE.J said...

actually back on mon for light duty shop work. stitches out 10-12 days and all should be good just sore . No Muscles, tendons that they saw.

Thanks Mike.